So I was looking at Peter Suart’s Tik and Tok blog ( I bought his comic The Black and Book of Falling before) and found a list of Storm Questions, which I’m assuming would be asked when there’s a storm and the lights are out and someone brings the candles and the chips in. I am bone tired from work and my thoughts are swimming before me. Best time to answer these questions.
1. Have you ever been awake at dawn?
YES. Some of those times were deliberate, the others were VERY MUCH NOT. Rather unfortunate.
2. Would you be different if you’d been given a different name?
Definitely. I wouldn’t be so multi-faceted. Or so facetious, maybe.
3. If a nut falls to the ground in the middle of a dark wood when no one is there, does it make a sound?
“If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman there to hear it, is he still wrong?” 😄
4. What is the meaning of a flower?
“You open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens.” Thank you, e.e. cummings.
5. Why do people like the sea so much?
Because it shows them that they are not trapped and that they can always set sail.
6. Have you been taught how to sew?
Yes. Not very successfully, I might add. But I passed that Home Ec subject anyway. Barely, I would imagine.
7. Is the sound that the wind makes in the trees a kind of talking?
Only if you’re high.
8. What sort of bird can fly in the air, walk on land and swim underwater?
A really versatile one.
9. What does the smell of cinnamon do to you?
Makes me hungry. Which is not very hard to do.
10. What happens at the bottom of the sea?
All our dreams come true.
11. What sort of treasure could you fit into a very small box?
12. For whom does the bell toll?
13. Why is gold valuable?
To cap teeth.
14. Do you like storms?
Yes. They turn the world black and white. A refreshing change from all the grey areas.
15. How many seconds of music can you hold in your head at one time?
Enough of them before my mind wanders.